9-Lite Outswing Door for Mobile Homes with Cottage Window
- Time proven construction
- Painted, Galvanized steel skinned
- Heavy duty aluminum frame
- Pre-hung & Pre-squared
- 20” X 36” 9-Lite/Cottage Window
- Energy efficient polyurethane foam core
- Adjustable strike plates
- Dead bolt prepped
- Double weather strip seal
- Large variety of sizes and window options
- Door hardware is included, Screws and caulking are not
- Made in the USA
- Width: With the door closed, standing on the inside of the home measure between the jambs.
- Length: With the door closed, standing on the inside of the home measure from the top of the jamb to the floor.
For example if your rough opening measures 33 1/2"W x 75 1/2"L you would select the nearest size and order a 34"W x 76"L.
Note: This should be the same measurements if you removed the door and measured the rough opening.
- To determine if your door is right or left hinged, simply look at the door from the outside to see which side the hinges are on.
Note: Measuring the door or the frame will result in incorrect sizing.
- Make certain all mounting surfaces (siding seams included) are securely fastened and flat around perimeter of door opening.
- Apply a suitable non-hardening sealant tape (Putty Tape or Butyl Tape) to the backside of the door's mounting flange.
- Do not remove any shipping clips or fasteners and keep the door closed and locked during the installation. Opening the door prior to the installation will destroy the pre-squaring by the manufacturer.
- Insert the door assembly carefully into the rough opening. Make certain the door sill is secure on the floor. Move door to the hinge side until it is firmly against the stud.
- Proceed to fasten door with Hex Head Screws. Drive the first 3 screws into the outer pre-punched flange in the middle at the hinge side. Then, drive the next 3 screws in the middle on the lock side. Then, secure the balance of the hinge side, across the sill, up the lock side and the header.
- Remove the shipping clips and open the door. Install the Locks, Threshold Plate and Safety Chain.
- Some doors will have an adjustable stop. Adjust the stop to the exterior of the inner door to insure a good seal.
If these steps are followed, the door will be sealed and operate properly.